BCforward is currently seeking a Java Developer for one of our client.
Job Title: Java Developer
Duration: Long Term
Job Type: Contract (No sponsorship candidates)
Description: Financial services leader is looking for a contract (12 month) Java Developer who will work on a team of software engineers enhancing corporate online and consumer digital experience. The team will add functionality to the online website and mobile apps that include digital wallets, buying and selling crypto currency, and expanding the use of company's digital experience into countries around the globe. The work may include new development as well as maintenance or basic enhancement of existing features and functions that meet or exceed business needs. The Java Developer must be capable of working on computer programs that are complex in nature; is familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures; and performs a variety of complex application development related tasks.
* Develops high quality, scalable and efficient solutions and products on schedule.
* Produces code of high quality and reliability - strong quality code metrics.
* Actively contributes to the development of solutions and ideas that add value.
* Engages with system users and business analysts to identify system enhancements and/or new applications to meet business needs.
* Proactively performs extensive system testing to ensure that the systems work efficiently and are developed following the applicable development methodology.
* Creates Unit tests to ensure accuracy. Tracks record of identifying largest risk areas and driving resolution of these issues.
* Provides accurate and timely input to Scrum Master regarding status of technical tasks.
* Provides support during meetings as required.
* Serves as a contact person in support of more serious production problems/issues.
What Experience Should You Have?
* 5-7 years of increasingly responsible systems development experience on multiple platforms including: Java 8 / 11, Spring MVC, Spring Data JPA, & SpringBoot Microservices
* Experience with complex, enterprise web development
* Experience working in an Agile / Scrum methodology
*Ability to accurately identify root cause of technical problems
* Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
* Ability to adapt to change
* Ability to influence others to ensure that issues which have been raised are resolved
* Excellent problem solving skills - able to think through likely cause of problems before referring to others
* Experience with RESTful Web Services (nice to have)
* Experience with Unit Testing (JUnit, Mockito, Groovy) (nice to have)
* Experience with Cloud Development, Deployment, and Maintenance (AWS, GCP) (nice to have)
* Knowledge / Experience with Relational Database SQL and NoSQL (Couchbase, Mongo) (nice to have)
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 160403 when responding to this ad.