DDL OMNI Engineering LLC is a leading engineering and technical services company that has an ISO 9001:2008 registered Quality Management System. We provide systems and structural engineering, information technology, planning and training, wargaming, integrated logistics support and test and evaluation services to a wide variety of government and commercial clients. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with offices throughout the U.S., we are dedicated to providing superior quality through continual improvement of our products and ensuring customer satisfaction by incorporating our knowledge and application of technologies to meet their specific needs anytime-anywhere.
DDL OMNI's Simulation and Services Division, in support of the United States Coast Guard (USCG) Ship Design Team (SDT) has a career opportunity for a Journeyman Engineer (Engineering Technician - Electrical). The candidate will provide engineering and technical support in studying, analyzing, and evaluating engineering problems and developing technical solutions.
Specific Functional Area Duties include:
- Assist with Senior Mechanical Engineer in design, development, and evaluation of the operation of marine vessels, ship machinery, and related equipment, such as power supply and propulsion systems.
- Team member in supporting the US Coast Guard reviewing third party design modifications and improvements to mechanical systems and components.
- Assist with performing design reviews, evaluating constructability, helping resolve technical issues, and managing information generated through the design and construction phases of multiple and concurrent projects.
- Assist with marine engineering analysis as they relate to vessels.
- Assist with team to inspect equipment or systems.
- Assist with preparing technical reports for internal use.
Qualified candidates must have the ability to acquire and maintain a security clearance which requires US Citizenship.
Education Required: (5) years of relevant experience. HS Diploma.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Two (2) years of progressive experience in one of the following marine fields: Electric propulsion systems; machinery control systems; power generation and distribution systems; or interior communications systems.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Share Point and MS Outlook other software/tools.
Special Remarks: If you feel that your qualifications meet our requirements, please proceed with this application by clicking 'Apply Online' below. DDL OMNI offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k) with company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and many other perks and benefits. DDL OMNI Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.