Jr. Java Developer
12-month contract (right to hire)
Columbus, Ohio (Easton)
A top client of ours in the Easton area is looking for a Jr. Java Developer who will be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying software solutions that focus on data driven marketing and loyalty solutions for consumers. As the Jr. Java Developer, you will primarily work on a web application that is crucial to our client's business development and operations. A successful Jr. Java Developer will work alongside a team of talented developers and contribute to each project the team is responsible for. You will be sitting in a newly renovated agile space that promotes team work and creativity in order to get the best results. If you're interested, please keep reading and apply below!
• Enhance Alliance Data Retail's Digital offerings
• Develop, and unit test deliverables in accordance with established standards
• Collaborate with other developers on the team to develop code that is functional, maintainable, and in compliance with defined coding standards
• Learn new technologies and stay informed of industry trends
• Effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks
• Provide a professional level of technical on-call support
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
• 2+ years of professional work experience with Java and J2EE development
• Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming principles (Inheritance, Composition, Polymorphism and Encapsulation) and design patterns.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic work environment
• Good ability to concisely and accurately convey ideas and information in written and verbal form to audiences with diverse backgrounds
• Team player with a strong sense of self-motivation
Preferred (but not required) qualifications
• Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 and XHTML
• Basic understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms (e.g. Sass, LESS)
• Familiarity with web application security issues and security by design principles
• Familiarity with CICS, DB2, SQL
• Familiarity with Agile practices
• Basic understanding of task automation tools/toolkits and build scripts (e.g. Jenkins, Maven, Ant)
• Experience with Atlassian products such as JIRA & Confluence
• Awareness of Web Content Management Systems
What's in it for you?
• Opportunity to get your foot in the door of a Fortune 100 best company to work for (#94 on 2019 list)
• Ability to work in cutting edge agile environment alongside some great scrum teams and product owners
• Work in brand new building on a beautiful campus right by Easton (close to downtown)
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.