Title - Jr. Network Test Engineer
Duration - Year long contract with HIGH likelihood of being converted
Location - Denver Tech Center
Our Fortune 100 client's CPE DOCSIS testing team is looking to complement their senior resources with an ambitious, go-getter to ramp up on the niche, and coveted skillset of DOCSIS testing. As the jr network test engineer, you will be responsible for testing and validation of Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) and backend systems affecting CPE. You will execute testing for certification of CPE devices, help with escalations from the field, and create and maintain related documentation. Additional areas of technical focus will be on TR-069, Fiber to the Home (FTTH), IPv6, Multicast, and Voice Services.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• CCNA OR 1+ year of work experience or internship experience
• Must be a go getter with an eager to learn mentality
Nice to Haves:
• Experience and/or understanding of IP routing, IP multicast, streaming video, wireless, Voice over IP (VoIP), and/or home networking.
• Experience and/or understanding of routers, switchers, and networking tools.
• Create and execute test cases in order to perform system-wide end-to-end validation and regression testing
• Hands on testing with routers, networking, and switching
• Identify bugs, defects, and errors within the test cases and work with internal counterparts to fix and re-test
• Document results and review with designated networking teams and vendors
• Work with vendor and internal teams to resolve issues discovered during testing; develop and document workarounds where possible, and assist operations team with implementation and escalations as needed
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU …?
• This is an entry point into an incredibly senior organization and allows for unlimited knowledge retention and growth potential into a senior resource. This manager fully intends to bring this individual on as a full-time employee (dependent on performance)
• The manager describes his team as 'his family' and his number one priority is to grow each team member into their dream career
• This team sits out of a brand-new building and interfaces with vendors, engineering teams, networking teams and more. This gives you a great opportunity to grow your network and find where in the organization you want to grow.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BROOKSOURCE:
• Previous experience working with this client and placing both permanent employees and contractors.
• Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to have a clear understanding of the timeline and move candidates through the interview process faster.
• Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.