SNI Technology is pleased to represent our client in their search for a highly skilled Jr. Automated QA Engineer. This is a fantastic chance to join a respected and established company within the advertising and marketing industry. The environment is highly collaborative with a strong core software engineering team.
The QA Automation Engineer will be responsible creating automation test scripts and independently driving the automation plan and execution for web and mobile applications. QA related activities also include front-end, back-end, integration, performance, and regression testing of various software solutions. The scope of software testing will include transnational web, mobile, app and social interaction channels across sales, service and other lines of business
- Participate and analyze requirements during the requirements analysis phase of projects.
- Develop and execute automated test scripts
- Execute automated test suites and Analyze test results to identify options for improving the effectiveness of automated testing
- Work in a multi-environment automation test execution platform.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining a Continuous Integration Solution to integrate test suites into the test management system and custom test harnesses.
- Create, coordinate, and execute manual application test cases and test plan
- Review functional specs and user stories to design test cases/scripts and test plans.
- Create and analyze test data.
- Complete work assignments and perform appropriate follow up to ensure that tasks are completed on time.
- Follow engineering best practices and provide technical mentorship to other team members.
- Collaboratively work with developers to implement test hooks for automation.
- Operate as a self-starter and possess the technical aptitude in troubleshooting both software and environment issues.
- Able to set product delivery goals and achieve scheduled deadlines.
- Bachelors Degree highly preferred but not required
- 3+ years of experience writing test plans and cases
- At least 1 year of Automated QA Testing using a major automation tool
- Experience working on web applications and/or web-based technologies.
- Proficient in multiple forms of test approaches for web/UI testing including functional, cross-browser compatibility, mobile, web service, and integration testing using manual and automated automation testing tools.
- Develop optimized automation scripts for regression testing with various data sources, environment variables, and configuration files and reusable user-defined functions.
- Proficient in basic SQL operations such as joins and views..
- Experience in TFS, JIRA, and Confluence a plus.
- Experience in Git or other source code management systems.
- Experience in setting up and maintaining test suite executions via Octopus, Jenkins or any other continuous integration tools.
- Comfortable in AGILE development environments and cross-functional team structures.
- Experience with end-to-end SDLC, testing methodologies and test phases, including unit, assembly, system, integration, regression and performance testing.