Planet-Technology has partnered with a Detroit area company to locate data engineers for a contract role that could become a full-time role.
Successful candidates will be responsible for designing and building foundational components for a marketing company utilizing a Hadoop lake and working with data products for both analytics and reporting. Collaboration in small, cross-functional teams is required as well as working with managers and product owners.
- Support data acquisition activities, data solution ideation, and implementation by working with data scientists and software developers in supporting data acquisition.
- Work with technical and business leads to develop and translation requirements into sound solutions and implementations
- Share support responsibilities for implemented components
- Redesign data flows to prevent recurring data issues
- Collaborate directly product managers, designers, and product owners on frequent releases.
- Provide extensive technical, strategic advice and guidance to key stakeholders around the data transformation efforts
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in data analytics, IT or similar equivalent experience
- Three of more years of experience with R, Python, SAS, MATLAB, Java, etc.
- Three of more years of experience with PCF cloud services
- At least two years experience working wtih Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- Experience with an Agile Environment preferred
- Some experience with one or more of the following: Informatica, Data Stage, QlikView, Tableau, etc.
- Familiarity with big data and machine learning tools and platforms
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills.
Interested candidates should send a resume and brief cover note to the attention of Samantha Clements at Planet Technology (email@example.com)
Please note that since this is a potential contract-to-hire position, candidates must be eligible to work full-time in the US without sponsorship.
IBS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to all employees. Referral and sign-on bonuses may also be available.
Interactive Business Systems combined forces with Planet121, Planet Interactive, and WinterWyman's Technology and Software divisions to form Planet Technology. Planet Technology, part of The Planet Group, is a global staffing and recruitment firm that specializes in sourcing top talent for roles within the Core Technology, Enterprise Systems, and Creative & Digital sectors. Our holistic vetting and consultative approach ensure the highest level of satisfaction and service. Our team of specialized technology recruiters spans a range of industries but maintains a singular focus: connecting top-shelf core technology talent with unique opportunities across the globe.
$40.00 - $50.00 /Hour
IT & Technical