From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Assistant Cluster Information Technology (IT) Manager, you will provide IT support in maintaining computerized systems at the properties within the cluster, aligning with Corporate and Brand IT and Telecom standards, under the direction of the Cluster IT Managers and Area IT Managers. Computerized systems, include, but are not limited to: Front Office, Back Office, Point of Sales (POS), Telephone, Minibar, Electronic Lock System, Personnel System, Engineering, and Casino; as well as application software such as Word Processing, Back Office Applications, and Front Office Applications. You will be committed to supporting the hotel through business solutions using Technology including installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware to ensure optimal performance. You will troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and effectively communicate to the Cluster IT Managers/Area IT Managers. In addition, you will provide end-user training and assistance as required.
More specifically, you will:
- Assist in preparing status reports of all activities in the hotels/cluster. This includes attending meetings with Directors of Finance (DOF) and General Managers (GMs).
- Attend Regional IT meetings and periodic Cluster Team meetings.
- Complete IT related items for Cluster IT Managers/Area IT Managers as assigned. This includes solving technical or operational problems for users.
- Contribute as a member of the IT Team toward accomplishing goals and objectives.
- Setup and maintain computer software and hardware for team members.
- Support the IDM Administrator, assisting with registration as required.
- Act on support calls passed by Hilton Support Center (HSC) for systems/applications not supported by them or that require onsite activity by Cluster IT.
- Form positive partnerships with HSC and vendors to ensure the timely resolution of IT issues as appropriate.
- Use initiative within the parameters of authority. This includes raising issues to Cluster IT Managers and Area IT Managers as appropriate.
- Use network monitoring tools to perform periodic health checks of systems.
- Conduct user training sessions as required.
- Promptly report any property needs. This includes reporting non-compliance issues with SOX, PCI and PABP security requirements immediately.
- Report any compliancy issues with corporate or brand standards right away.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of documentation.
- Support the Culture of Learning initiatives and other organizational training.
- Assist with Telecom activities as required.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Proficiency with solving hardware and software problems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- The ability to solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism and integrity
- Experience administering networks in a Windows Server/Workstation environment, preferably in an environment with more than 50 nodes and two (2) or more domains
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including CAT5/6 cabling, wireless networks, network switches, WAN/LAN, domain controller, Active Directory, firewall and VPN applications
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- One (1) year of experience in the hospitality industry or related IT field
- One (1) year as a business professional working in a customer facing capacity
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Technical Diploma OR Degree in Information Technology field
- Three (3) years of experience in hospitality, operations, and IT support roles
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Operating systems
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!