Job Title: Junior Automation Scripting Engineer
Job Location: Englewood, CO
Job Type: Contract to hire
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Participate in project planning and implementation as well as develop and maintain automation scripts to test STB software quality.
- Actively participate in test planning discussions to assure automation coverage is continuously improving.
- Collaborate with peer testers and software engineers and proactively think about new solutions and process improvements.
- Analyze feedback received from customers, generate metrics and work with software engineers for solutions.
- Analyze root cause of problems with STBs and provide feedback to software engineers.
- Ability to write and maintain scripts (Perl, Shell, Python, etc).
- Perform manual testing in areas that is not automated.
- Analyze manual testing areas and make improvements to automate them.
- BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent education.
- 2+ years of experience with scripting language such as Python, PERL or automation scripting language.
- A very good understanding of all phases of development/testing: Functional, Regression, Integration and Performance Testing.
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in technical problem solving; root cause analysis; and data gathering, analysis, and reporting within a system/software quality assurance discipline.
- Demonstrated self-starter that works assigned projects to completion.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Automation using WITBE robot.
- 2+ years' experience working in Linux environment.
- Accountable, committed and responsible.
- Ability to work under pressure with hard deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, communications and planning skills.
- Willingness to step up and take ownership.