Junior Java Developer
As the Junior Java Developer for a Fortune 75 airline company, you will be responsible for participating in all phases of development process from inception through transition, test driven development, using development tools to analyze, model, design, construct and test reusable objects and making the codebase a better place to live and work.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 1+ year of full Software Development Life Cycle experience using ITIL and/or Agile methodologies
- 1+ year demonstrated experience in J2EE technologies including Java, JSP, JMS, JAXB, JDBC and Angular
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in object-oriented analysis, design, techniques, principles and frameworks
- Preferred with REST/SOAP Web Services
- Preferred experience with Spring Framework
- Preferred experience in DevOps Toolchain methodologies including Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Collaborate with leaders, business analysts, project managers, IT architects, technical leads and other developers, along with internal customers, to understand requirements and develop needs according to business requirements
- Maintain and enhance existing data solutions
- Troubleshoot and debug complex issues; identifies and implements solutions
- Create detailed project specifications, requirements, and estimates
- Research and implement new technologies to enhance current processes, security, and performance
- Support the development of coding standards and adhere to best practices and security guidelines
- Work closely with software architects and technical leads to ensure decisions meet long-term enterprise growth needs
- Support applications as necessary, including on-call support
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU…?
- Health benefits, 401K Plan, Weekly Pay Checks, Onsite cafeteria
- Opportunity to work with a Fortune 400, international retail brand
- Opportunity to diversify skillset and learn new technologies support several different retail applications
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.