Pay Rate: $20-$23/hr
Start Date 2/18/2019
Job Title: Jr. Linux Admin
Location: Dove Valley/Centennial
Business objective: The Application Services Group services all internal apps being developed throughout this organization. They support a breadth of applications including video products, billing, speed tests, etc. by generating and configuring the test environments. This team is cutting edge on continuous integration efforts and best practices, including the utilization of Docker and Kubernetes. Initially, you will work within Linux command lines, and grow into configuring virtual test environments in AWS. This team hires on communication, determination, and willingness to learn at a FAST pace.
Identifying and Evaluating Technology Solutions -
This duty involves using one's complex problem-solving skills to brainstorm software solutions, and then work together in a small group to resolve high-priority issues important for product to be delivered in a timely fashion.
Problem Solve and Troubleshoot -
Although this role is the first line of defense in finding the root cause of an application malfunction, sometimes they find an issue too severe for them to address. Their duty in this scenario is to escalate the issue to their Lead Engineer. The Lead Engineer then formulates a plan to address the issue and dictates said plan to their team of Application Services Engineers.
Technology and functions this person will interact with -
• Network troubleshooting
• Linux administration
• Working with apache web services
• Developing on Java-based web applications
• Database management
• Learn and master employer-specific software
• Complex problem solving
• Written and verbal communication
• Diagnose & address application issues
• Work with Agile Scrum methodology implemented with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, etc)
Top 3 skills required:
• Broad Linux experience
• Exceptional work ethic/grit
• Outgoing and positive personality
This will be an individual with 1-2 years of exposure to Linux environments, and have incredible communication, and passion for learning technologies in the systems/virtual infrastructure testing environments.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience).
• AWS (Amazon Web Services)
• RHCSA (RedHat Certified System Administrator)
• CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator)
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.