THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN ROCHESTER, NY THE RATE OF PAY IS $50,000-$75,000 ANNUALLY.
The Bell Company is a large Mechanical Contractor that takes on some of the most complex projects in our East Coast Market. This is your chance to become a part of this dynamic team.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Junior Mechanical Estimator/ Field Engineer
As a Junior Mechanical Estimator with The Bell Company you will have the opportunity to use your skills to estimate and procure hospitals, laboratories, large industrial and institutional projects. Additional information on our past and current projects can be found on our website: www.thebellcompany.com
PAY RANGE :
$50,000 - $75,000 ANNUALLY for Junior Mechanical Estimator/Field Engineer
At the Bell Company we believe in rewarding members of our employees with more than just a competitive rate. We also offer:
● Ongoing professional training and development
● Opportunities for advancement
● Employer paid $50,000 life insurance.
● Elective medical, dental and supplemental benefits are available immediately.
● Immediate 401 (k) program with up to 4% employer match (vested immediately)
● Paid vacation
● Paid holidays
This is a position for a Junior Mechanical Estimator/Field Engineer in the mechanical and plumbing trades on complex industrial, institutional and health care projects. Estimates on similar type projects is required.
Candidates must have the following credentials to be preferred:
● A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Science, Construction Management, or in other related disciplines.
● Basic knowledge of building and construction and a desire to pursue a career in the industry.
● Adequate familiarity and proficiency with computer applications used in construction and basic office
● Candidates must demonstrate a stable past work history and their desire for a career in construction.
● Experience in project controls such as submittals, purchase orders, material take offs and releases are a plus.
● This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an industry leading team and must maintain a willingness to relocate for project needs to take advantage of ample opportunities for advancement in our growing market.
● A strong desire and willingness to learn and progress in a career as an Entry Level Junior Mechanical Estimator/Field Engineer with the eventual goal of Project Management.
Learning How To:
● Prepare detailed, accurate estimates.
● Review specifications and drawings to determine the scope of work and content of an estimate.
● Read and understand construction blueprints.
● Writing subcontractor scopes, negotiating pricing, and issuing subcontracts.
● Project controls such as submittals, purchase orders, material take offs and releases which will all become required skills .