Our client is seeking a Junior Java Developer in a 6 Month Contract to Hire model to work on a program that is expanding called Multi-Domain Mission Management (MDMM). This program is a cutting edge real-time mission planning technology for the US Navy that takes data from the sonar and radar systems to help make adjustments in real time during missions. Essentially, this will give the person running a mission a real time view of how the mission is going allowing them to make adjustments in the moment compared to only planning at the beginning and letting it run the course with no way of making an adjustment.
Core Functions of the Job:
- Get trained from the Systems Engineering team on how technology is supposed to work - 30%
- Technical Writing and Documentation - 20%
- Work within the Configuration Management Tools to compile their code - 10%
- Travel to field sites for testing of equipment (San Diego CA, China Lake CA, and Pearl Harbor HI) - 5%
- Must be eligible to obtain a security clearance
- 0-2 Years of experience programming in Java with a Senior Design Project, Internship, or coding competition experience need to know how to parse or send messages in XML
- Knowledge of and experience using Linux (basic OS comprehension and basic shell scripting)
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
willing to travel occasionally within Continental United States
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.