Our client is seeking a Java Developer in a 6 Month Contract to Hire model to work on a program that is expanding called Multi-Domain Mission Management (MDMM). This program is a cutting edge real-time mission planning technology for the US Navy that takes data from the sonar and radar systems to help make adjustments in real time during missions. Essentially, this will give the person running a mission a real time view of how the mission is going allowing them to make adjustments in the moment compared to only planning at the beginning and letting it run the course with no way of making an adjustment.
Core Functions of the Job:
- Get trained from the Systems Engineering team on how technology is supposed to work - 30%
- Technical Writing and Documentation - 20%
- Work within the Configuration Management Tools to compile their code - 10%
- Travel to field sites for testing of equipment (San Diego CA, China Lake CA, and Pearl Harbor HI) - 5%
- 0-2 Years of experience programming in Java with a Senior Design Project, Internship, or coding Competition experience
- Need to know how to parse or send messages in XML
-Knowledge of and experience using Linux (basic OS comprehension and basic shell scripting)
-BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
-Willing to travel occasionally within Continental United States (CONUS)
- Eligible for a US Secret Clearance
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.