Junior Software Engineer
As a full-stack java web developer you will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of application software in a service provider environment. You will work on a team of 5, and get on-the-job training related to Java and peripheral technologies. In order to be successful, you will need to have a strong foundation of object-oriented programming principles (ideally in Java), be able to pick up on new tools quickly, and be able to work independently on small-medium projects. If you're interested, please keep reading and apply below!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar discipline
- Strong object-oriented programming fundamentals, ideally in Java
- Working or classroom experience with SQL or PL/SQL for basic to complex queries
- knowledge of Unix/ Linux
- Experience with frameworks such as MVC, Struts, or similar is desired
- Previous Software development internship(s) preferred
- Design application and database components for small-sized development projects
- Perform programming assignments requiring an aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices
- Maintain and modify applications, make approved changes by amending application, and develop detailed programming logic for coding changes
- Provide ongoing support for application problems and issues
- Documentation as needed
- Assist in discovery and investigation of new tools and technologies to improve speed of delivery and quality of code
Why You Should Apply:
- Top 100 employer in the Northeast Ohio Area for 2017
- Our Client is in a state of unprecedented growth, and new jobs are being created as a result
- State of the art training program (on-the-job)
- Small team with lots of upward mobility
About Eight Eleven
- At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We're your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
- For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it's contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That's the Eight Eleven promise.
- Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.