Junior System Administrator - 66111
AIC is currently seeking a Junior System Administrator for our client Kansas City, Kansas 66111. Under direction, apply technical support skills to provide second-tier support and deployment of computer software and hardware products and services. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading computer software and hardware products and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. Troubleshoot straightforward to moderately complex issues (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required. Document, track and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution.
• AIC is supporting the operational functionality and readiness of systems, infrastructure, and IT support services.
• This role provides system administration services ensuring the systems hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to customer approved production configurations, system availability, and reliability standards.
• Is part of a 24/7/365 system administration team that monitors and supports the computer processing activities to verify integrity and availability of all hardware, interfaces, server resources, systems, and key processes.
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and allocates mass storage space.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- 2+ years of experience in MS Windows environment performing deskside break/fix support
- Experience using and troubleshooting MS Office (O365) products
- Experience troubleshooting Windows 7 and 10 workstations
- Certification and/or License – Microsoft MCP, Comp-Tia, and/or Apple certifications preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to demonstrate superior customer service skills
- Able to communicate and translate technical topics into easy to understand concepts
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Able to clearly document technical processes
- Able to proficiently manage and troubleshoot Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Able to ask directed and logical questions to determine problem causation and follow documented processes to a successful resolution
- Working knowledge of Active Directory Users and Comp
- Troubleshooting and management skills of Apple systems
- Basic understanding of databases and data processing
- Must have experience Windows, Active Directory, Networking
- Scripting experience required!
- Networking Experience required!
IT & Technical