Jr. Systems Engineer
Contract to Hire
As the Jr. Systems Engineer for a Fortune 75 airline company, you will be responsible for developing and supporting multiple applications used by the Revenue Management and Network Planning business units
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information systems or related field
- 1+ year of experience of system administration on either RHEL 6/7 or Window 2008+
- Preferred experience as Websphere/Tomcat/Jboss administrator
- Preferred experience of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
- Preferred experience supporting and delivering in DevOps environment using tools like Git, Jenkins, Maven, Docker, Selenium, Puppet/Chef/Ansible
- Demonstrated experience in Ksh/Bash, Python, Java, HTML 5, Angular or similar
- Knowledge of database and persistence layers such as: Oracle, SqlServer, PostgreSql, NoSql, Object Storage
- Experience in IBM WebSphere Architecture, Design and Support of Enterprise scale deployments is preferred
- Solid understanding of Java design patterns and best practices
- Strong networking fundamentals and working knowledge of firewalls, load balancers, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in developing and delivering software using agile methodologies.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents using Microsoft Office Tools (Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical staff.
- The ability to handle and keep track of many tasks at once and to manage time efficiently
- Sound judgment and willingness to exercise same in sometimes ambiguous situations.
- Works with a team to create detailed project specifications, requirements, estimates and ensures tasks/projects are completed on time and within scope
- Automate infrastructure provisioning and application deployments using DevOp tools
- Define standards for configuration, monitoring, reliability and performance
- Supports the development of IaC standards and adhere to best practices and security guidelines
- Design and implement innovations that improve team velocity, resiliency, security and data availability
- Troubleshoots and debugs complex issues to identify and implement solutions
- Researches and implements new technology to enhance current processes, security and performance
- Facilitates achievement of expected deliverables and obligations of Services Providers
- This position will include off hour work to perform changes after hours and provide on-call production support (24 x 7 x 365), as required
- Take on project-related or ad-hoc jobs that sometimes fall outside of the above definition.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.