View more Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Kuali Coeus (KC)/Java Developer
Security Clearance required: Must have or be able to obtain a Secret clearance
US Citizenship Required
Location: Monterey, CA (Will Allow Remote Work)
Part Time Position: 10-36.5 Hours per pay period (Pay Periods run 1st-15th/16th- End of the Month)
Position Summary: The Kuali Coeus (KC) Developer will provide Java developer support to customize the KC code to meet the requirements of NPS, assist ITACS with implementing the customized version as a production system, maintain the customized code after it becomes a production system, and add additional features/modules that are needed by NPS.
- Complete any final modifications to Award and Award Budget, including bug fixes, and functionality changes after review and testing by the functional team.
- Respond to any pending bug fixes or code change requests found during testing of Proposal Development Document, Proposal Budget, and Institutional Proposal.
- Design and code reports and data pulls per the specifications from the NPS KC Functional Team.
- Train the KC Functional Team on how to use the KC software so that the KC Functional Team can then train KC users at NPS.
- Design and code enhancements to KC as specified in the NPS JIRA (Atlassian software) issue tracking system.
- Troubleshoot and resolve program bugs as reported in the NPS JIRA issue tracking system.
- Write Java unit and component tests to help ensure code changes made to one portion of the KC application do not break other portions of that application. Java unit tests should be written for the smallest logical unit possible, such as a single method on a single class with a single set of parameters. All unit tests will be run nightly using the automated continuous integration system already in place at NPS.
- Commit new and modified code to the NPS KC Git repository (version control system for tracking changes in computer files), as applicable, daily.
- Provide status updates to and align goals with the COR and the KC Functional Team weekly.
- Prepare program documentation within the application code for all new and modified code.
- Create monthly reports that provide update on status, work completed, work in progress, short term goals, and other relevant project information.
- This position allows remote support.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Certifications:
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- This is a part time position and allows for no more than 36.5 hours per each two week pay period.
- Must have a favorably completed NACLC or T3 or T3R equivalent investigation
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a curriculum or major field of study which provides substantial knowledge useful in managing large, complex AIS projects, is closely related to the work to be automated, and/or in a computer science, information system, a physical science, engineering or a mathematics – intensive discipline, or an applicable training certificate from an accredited training institution.
- Java Development Experience (KFS/MAS/KC):
- Minimum 5 years' Java Programming Language experience.
- Minimum 4 years' experience with enterprise-scale web application development, Struts, OJB, Eclipse or IntelliJ (either is satisfactory), Ant, Tomcat, JUnit, log4j, Quartz, Linux, Apache, and Oracle SQL.
- Minimum 4 years' experience working with XML, WSDL, SOAP, and RESTful web services.
- Minimum 4 years' experience using common apache frameworks for Java development.
- Minimum 4 years' experience developing in Kuali Financial Systems or Kuali Coeus.
- Minimum 4 years' experience with Spring IOC and AOP.
- Minimum 4 years' experience with ORM concepts and JPA in particular.
- Minimum 3 years' experience with SVN or Git (for KC), and Maven.
- Minimum 3 years' experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA), test-driven development (TDD).
- Kolis Experience is preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View More Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email email@example.com.