Job Description: LIMS Developer/Technical Business Analyst - W2 only
Location: Boulder, CO
Job Type: FTE/Direct Hire
Please note; This position will start remotely, but you will be expected to relocate to Boulder, CO. There will be some relocation availalble. As this is a direct hire, this position is W2, only. US Citizens and Permanent Residents are welcome to apply.
The LIMS Developer/Technical BA is responsible for developing and maintaining Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) and Electronic Laboratory Notebooks (ELN) implementations. The LIMS Developer/Technical BA will work with internal and external parties to define requirements for new functionality and provide technical direction for providing that functionality. The LIMS Developer will be the inhouse expert for LIMS and ELN.
The LIMS Developer/Technical BA will help support KBI's utilization of electronic systems to provide efficiency in lab operations as well as provide input to application roadmaps base on strategic alignment to stated business goals. The LIMS Developer/Technical BA will set strategies for data integrity and compliance and partner with business lines to define data process maps. The role will also be responsible for defining and maintaining system administration procedures LIMS and ELN systems.
The LIMS Developer/Technical BA will participate in the roadmap for LIMS and ELN systems.
The Laboratory Systems Support supervisor will be responsible for maintaining the IT systems and services across business groups (Process Development, Manufacturing, Analytical Formulation Sciences, Analytical Development).
The LIMS Developer/Technical BA must:
- Be a good communicator and can provide information that is valuable to the intended audience
- Be able to translate business needs into actionable requirements
- Be a leader and provide direction for operational activities as well as project-based support
- Be a technical expert in the assigned software applications
- Development of LIMS/ELN functionality
- Escalated support of LIMS/ELN
- LIMS/ELN Administration
- Maintaining LIMS/ELN systems
- Training of support personnel
- Maintaining LIMS/ELN procedures and processes
- Apply Continuous improvement methodologies to streamline LIMS/ELN support
- BS degree in Computer Science or Life Science
- 4-7 years of LIMS or ELN related work
- System Administration, deployment and support of LIMS, ELN, or SDMS
- Working knowledge of LIMS, ELN, or SMDS (experience with LabVantage LIMS or IDBS E-Workbook is preferred)
- Report writing with Crystal reports, Power BI, or Jasper Reports
- Proficient with SQL and familiarity with SQL Server or Oracle databases
- Experience designing and implementing instrument interfaces to simple instruments, file-based instruments, and complex interfaces using custom APIs
- Experience integrating LIMS/ELN with Empower
- Experience using SOAP or Rest web services for system to system interfaces
- Light programming skills in Java, Python, or web design a plus
- Experience supporting regulated environments (GMP) is required including Software Development Life Cycle deliverables, testing and change control
If this is not a fit for you, or you are not interested, Ascent offers an excellent referral bonus. We look forward to hearing from you!
Recruiting Manager/Senior Technical Recruiter
The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and professional services firm that focuses on tactical and strategic consulting and workforce management solutions. We work in the Life Sciences, Technology, and Business Professional talent categories, and meet the needs of mid- market and large Enterprise clients. With nearly 6 million professionals in our network, you will have access to an abundance of opportunities and resources to assist you in career development. Our promise is to listen, connect, and deliver value while building a dynamic and valuable human network. Don’t wait, join our network today!