A Fortune 100 Telecommunications company in Boxborough, MA is looking for a self-motivated Lab Administrator for providing Service and support to company Engineering Labs and lab users in Massachusetts. The candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of network lab infrastructure and a wide variety of Hardware, Operating systems and Applications. The primary focus will be to provide service and support to the SBG engineering teams, with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
* 2+ years hands on experience with Network / System Administration or from an IT helpdesk environment.
* Experience of Rack and Stack of physical hardware.
* Configure and maintain high uptime of all network switches, routers, servers, fire walls, Traffic generators, etc. and all lab infrastructure.
* Sufficient knowledge of network protocols, services, IP address management, etc.
Monitoring & Troubleshooting of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc.
* Configure and maintain VPNs and secure access to network.
* Ability to automate system administration tasks using scripting (Bash, Python, Perl, etc.)
* Experience of working in a networking / data center lab / production environment.
* Installation and configuration of Windows, Linux, VMware and Virtualization environments.
* Install, configure and maintain security software and vulnerability patches.
* Asset life cycle, Inventory management and documentation of Lab assets.
Hardware and Software technical evaluation and procurement.
* ISO / TL9K Audits and Compliance
Leverage established tools, work instructions and operating procedures for day to day.
* Exposure to change management, escalation process.
* Good written and oral communication, documentation and editing skills.
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.