LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
Under the supervision of the Lab Supervisor, the Laboratory Technician is responsible for providing accurate and timely testing of incoming and outgoing material used in the manufacture of polymer products.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Comply with all safety requirements resulting in zero safety violations. This includes participating in all EHS related activities such as safety talks, behavioral based safety observations, audits, inspections, record keeping, etc.
- Checks inbound and outbound material for contamination.
- Samples in process material using a variety of testing equipment such as Alpine, Moisture Balance, X-Met, Hot Plate, Press out, Microtrac, Rotap Shaker.
- Performs contamination testing of product.
- Performs final inspection of customer samples.
- Reports all 'out of specification' material to production supervisor.
- Performs minor shipping of samples to customers.
- Performs Bulks and flows when required.
- Signs tools in and out as needed to operators.
- Maintains sieves.
- Documents out of specification material on RFCA.
- Inputs data in computer as required by customer.
- Performs blend tests for certain customers.
- Maintains a clean work environment ensuring that there are no pellets or debris on the floor and machines and all tools and equipment are in the proper location and storage units.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. multiple times a day during a shift.
- Must have math and computer skills.
- Maintain good attendance habits missing minimal work.
- Properly follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work proactively and support other personnel and departments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and management.
- The ability to multitask.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work in an environment that is not temperature controlled; very warm temperatures in the summer months and very cold temperatures in the winter months
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Memphis