6+ Month Contract
It will be one week on, and one week off. The week in office will be 45-50 hours with OT paid (up to $33/hour)
This position is responsible for assisting with, organizing and performing a variety of yogurt specific physical and analytical tasks under general supervision. The individual will perform a variety of tasks, ranging from pilot plant support, analytical testing of food and beverage, shipping & receiving, and general lab upkeep and maintenance. The position will support the ongoing development and improvement of products, packaging and processes by applying technical knowledge and logic in a Research and Development setting. This role will work closely with R&I scientists and technicians.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
- Clean, organize and restock product development labs (daily)
- Analytical testing and lab analysis for yogurt projects
- Fruit mix-ins and sample preparation
- Track and restock ingredients and supplies for the labs and pilot plants (daily)
- Provide support to clean and put away dishes after meetings and tastings
- Support shelf life studies (analytical and sensory testing)
- Provide assistance for packing and shipping products
- Support developers in cleaning and organizing coolers and storage areas
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 1 years of experience in manufacturing/lab environment.
- B.S. or B.A. from a 4 year college or university
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of food safety and handling procedures
- Basic understanding of lab safety rules and procedures
- Ability to read and analyze experimental and process designs to reach a desired outcome
- Ability to write and communicate observations and test summaries
- Must be well organized and have a positive attitude
- Must have good communication skills (written and verbal), the ability to multitask and the desire to take initiative
- Must have a profession demeanor and be punctual and reliable
- Must be proficient in word, excel and have internet searching capabilities
- Must be willing to clean and organize
- Must work well as part of a team but also be able to function on an individual basis
- Must be able to work with confidential materials and subsequently maintain an appropriate level of professionalism
- Able to work a flexible schedule. Weekends not included.
- Strong organization skills with ability to manage work flow and prioritize multiple tasks with limited direct supervision