Job Title: Lab Technician
Duration: 3 months - could be extended longer
Address: 17540 Monroe Wapello Rd, Eddyville, Iowa
Hours: The hours will be 6am-6pm and then once they're fully trained they'll also work 6pm to 6 am.
They would work Mon/Tues, be off Wed/Thur, and work Fri, Sat, Sun. Then the following week they'd be off Mon/Tue, work Wed/Thur, and off Fri, Sat, Sun. Basically whatever day they work one week they would have off the next. Monthly rotation.
As a Lab Technician, you will ensure products meet or exceed customer requirements for quality and food safety. Assurance of product quality will require from you to monitor quality assurance systems including instrumentation calibration, maintenance, cross-checks, methods, procedures, raw materials, food safety, and training. Additionally, you will understand our plant processes and provide technical advice to support our production operations. We are measuring impact to customer happiness, minimization of process variation, process recoveries, waste reduction, and cost minimization.
- Assure product meets compliance specifications and overall final product approval checks.
- Data analysis, trend identification, troubleshooting, corrective action, and communication with regard to processing data.
- Daily assessment of process quality parameters and food safety and quality systems including cross-checks, raw materials, calibration, maintenance, procedures, food safety, training, auditing & oversight of analytical testing performed in control rooms.
- Training of new food safety and quality chemists, analysts, operators, technicians and personnel from other functional areas.
- You will work under direct supervision and handle basic issues and problems, while referring more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment
- Ability to anticipate, recognize, and seek process and laboratory problems, implement improvements based on the findings
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate change factors and formulate independent decisions
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
- PRIOR BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCES
- Maintenance and troubleshooting on instrumentation
- Laboratory experience in industry
- Quality assurance experience
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Learns through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Pre-placement Prescreens:
Pre-Employment Physical (Back screen & Urinalysis)
Drug Screen - 5 panel with expanded opiates