BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer’s future is at the heart of what we do. We deliver on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens. Building relationships has been a part of our culture since 1848.
Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, seek opportunity and strive for innovation in a changing world.
Lead .Net Application Developer Job Summary
Salary Range: $98,550 - $113,333 - $128,116
A Lead .Net Application Developer works in a production support and/or project team environment to deliver both custom-developed and package-based software. Provides leadership and technical guidance to other Application Developers, other groups, projects, and other work efforts. A Lead Application Developer can support a variety of technologies that may include, but are not limited to, the following: .Net and possiblyJava and related tools. The ideal candidate will have 10-15 years of .Net experience targeted towards integration experience with the following (MVC, WSDL, C#, Web Services, Entity Framework). 5 years of experience with Cloud based implementations related to Azure end to end. Direct experience with the following (TFS, IIS, MS Build/Deploy tools, NUnit, Visual Studio, Enterprise Service Based Integrations). J2EE familiarity. Insurance industry experience a plus as well as Duck Creek knowledge a plus.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Works in a production support and/or project team environment to deliver both custom-developed and package-based software by providing leadership and technical guidance to other Application Developers, other groups, projects, and other work efforts.
2. Leads, coaches and mentors other application developers, other team members, and delivery activities associated with existing applications or projects. Provides feedback to management on a variety of issues including team member contributions.
3. Monitors work queues, assigns work to team members, and works with other leads.
4. Coordinates production support and/or project work with team members and vendor(s) if applicable.
5. Leads activities associated with application asset planning, asset roadmaps, release management, and solution design.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Minimum of 7 years of application development including designing, coding, testing, and analyzing software and applications.
2. Proven ability to work on high risk and complex integrated assignments.
3. Demonstrated experience leading less experienced developers on projects.
4. Proven ability to mentor, coach, motivate, and positively influence others.
5. Demonstrated strong technical leadership skills (e.g. architecture, planning, estimating).
6. Demonstrated problem solving skills.
7. Proven ability to learn new technologies and processes.
8. Strong time management skills including the ability to plan work and set priorities.
9. Demonstrated excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels in the organization.
10. Bachelor’s degree in a technical (e.g. computer science, information systems, engineering) field or commensurate work experience.
11. Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
• Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
• Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at westfieldinsurance.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.