The Lead Developer supports the organization's existing software or systems infrastructure and develops new technologies as needed. Develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objects, business requirements, and company goals. Researches, designs, and develops enterprise-wide systems and applications. Responsible for identifying and implementing innovative and efficient applications to ensure the best experience for the user. Evaluates current operations to determine areas that need enhancements or restoration. This position is a key member of a product delivery team, interacting with Product Owners, Analysts, Developers, QA testers, Architects, Scrum Masters, Vendors, and more. Thus, supporting business applications by designing, implementing, and modifying application programs from detailed specifications and ensures that improvements are successfully integrated into the existing systems. Develops program logic for new applications and analyzes logic in existing applications. Develops proofs-of-concept and user interface prototypes. Ensures compatibility of applications across multiple computing platforms and browsers. The Individual in this position has achieved, through significant work experience, a deep, specialized expertise in a critical element of the discipline and/or has expanded his/her expertise to included multiple related disciplines. The Lead Developer will provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship. This role will represent and guide our development team setting the pace, path, and standard for all programming activities. The lead developer also works with managers and peers to improve technical processes. This individual should be able to work with both custom and package software. The individual is a thought leader in the department and an expert knowledge resource internally and external to the department.Essential Functions:
Supervisory or Management Responsibility:
- Codes, tests and supports existing and new systems and applications using Agile techniques
- Writes functional and design specifications for applications as identified by users and/or management
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies and adopts suitable concepts for the organization
- Create level of effort (LOE) and duration estimates for assigned work. Proactively manage activities to meet those expectations
- Ensure unit testing of application development work is correctly completed
- Streamlines existing applications and systems to ensure integration and ease of use
- Provide development support for analysis and functional and load testing
- Eliminates errors in computing environment for smooth operation and functionality
- Designs and implements templates, databases, and interfaces that fulfill user requirements
- Communicates project status, issues, and resolutions with appropriate stakeholders
- Documents testing and system corrections in compliance with security standards
- Problem diagnosis and resolution
- System maintenance and after-hours support, as needed
- Monitors systems' technical performance and identifies trends in operating output
- Troubleshoots and demonstrates problem-solving skills in identification of the root causes of business performance and execution issues by using process and data analysis
- Escalate issues in a timely and appropriate manner to the delivery team manager for support, approval, and/or resolution
- System maintenance and after-hours support, as needed
- Contributes to the development of Information Services strategy.
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections, and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view.
- Responsible for supervision of team members to assure productivity, quality, and timeliness of work in the completion of departmental goals and assigned projects
- Manage staff including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Track and assist with vendor engagements
- Assist with managing operational budgets and expenditures
- Participate in the annual budgeting process and quarterly refinements
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ experience in designing and developing systems and/or applications in a diverse computing environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands on experience in building salesforce components using Lightning components, Lightning Web Components, Apex, Visualforce and other salesforce features.
- At least 5 year experience working in service cloud, service console, communities
- Experience with setup and using source control and devops
- Experience managing people
- Experience working in an Agile environment and tools (TFS/VSTS or Version1)
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the principles, techniques, and methodologies of SDLC, quality management, change, and problem management
- Understanding of unit, functional, performance, and regression testing
- Extensive experience in team environment while communicating and presenting (both verbally and in writing) design concepts to internal/external customers
- Understanding of User Experience Design principles and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD
- Experience with custom objects, validation rules, formulas, workflows, process builders, visual flows, approval process, and ORG wide setup
- Hands-on experience with integrations preferably MuleSoft
- Requires depth of expertise in own discipline to be able to guide others in the application of principles and concepts and to interpret complexities, nuances.
- Collaborate with User Experience Designers to build intuitive user interfaces
- Assignments at this level are typically more complex or unusual than those at the previous level.
- Collaborates with management to establish protocols and processes for the discipline.
- Sufficient knowledge to guide the application of best practices within Information Services.
- In-depth knowledge of industry's business environment.
- Uses industry understanding to drive decision-making beyond best practices.
- Interprets internal/external business challenge, assesses current/industry practices and selects best practices to improve products, processes or services.
- Anticipates internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements.
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution.
- Guided by objectives and strategic plan; typical management involvement is strategic or conceptual advice and updates on project milestones and achievement of objectives.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Anticipates and solves complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify solutions.
- Communicates difficult or sensitive concepts and works to build consensus.
- Understands issues related to scalability and reliability, including globalization
- Understanding of IS methodologies such as Agile, SDLC, ITIL, PMLC and QA/Test
- Agile certifications are preferred
- Customer Service
- Building Relationships
- Business Knowledge / Organizational Acumen
- Self-Motivation/Self Starter
- Leading Self and Others