Lead Applications Developer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
Be an essential member of one of UPS’s transformation efforts! The EDX – Employee Digital Experience team, part of the HR Transformation program, is looking for a Lead Applications Developer to assist with implementing technologies that will enable and shape our future Employee Communications and Digital Experience business processes.
The EDX Lead Applications Developer will be an integral part of the HR Transformation program. Key responsibilities include participating in Design workshops to design business processes, design and develop configurations, manage Cloud tenants, design and develop integrations to support digital experience platform. This position recognizes, reveals and escalates risks and issues to expedite decision making and resolution. This position collaborates with other program work streams and with other IT and business functions to develop requirements that meet UPS security/audit standards.
This candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to understand and convey technical/functional solutions with developers & users. The ability to create project plans, prioritize, assign & manage tasks to meet project deadlines. Minimum Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience in SaaS/Portal implementations
- Primary Capability / Specialty: Software as a Service
- Experience in Agile Development
- Self-motivated with superior analytical and problem solving skills, and a strong sense of accountability
- Ability to learn while broadening team’s knowledge of Workday configuration through knowledge transfer, training and documentation
- Provide frequent and clear communications regarding the status of initiatives, keeping stakeholders informed of changes and work that is in progress
- Be resourceful and effective in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate ability to pay persistent attention to detail, while maintaining an overall view of the situation and the “big picture”
- Ensure documentation is current on all new and existing business processes
- Develop and execute unit/system test plans; support end to end testing, user acceptance testing, cutover and go-live planning to ensure delivery of a quality product
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills and excellent interpersonal skills to work with multiple business groups.
- Education: Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law