Lead Applications Developer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The Lead Applications Developer will provide leadership in full systems life cycle management (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.) to ensure delivery is on time, within budget, and of high quality.
The successful candidate should be guided by the following principles/approach: When the chips are down, the candidate says, 'I've got this' rather than, 'Does it have to be me' when there is difficult work to be done. 'Let's do this' rather than 'You take care of that'. When a team member is struggling, 'I've got your back. How can I help you?' rather than 'Deal with it'. The candidate understands the importance of commitment. He or She follows through on tasks and responsibilities without reminders. In addition, this candidate should possess the following: Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective time management; strong mentoring skills; effective listening skills; strong planning skills; a cool and steady temperament regardless of the situation.
- Ability to see the bigger picture
- Ability to see the problem or solution that is not obvious
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- A quick learner that can apply new technologies or learn existing ones as required, has initiative for innovation
- Ability to mentor, transform, and grow less experienced developers into leading software engineers
- 5+ years of professional experience in C#.NET, Web Services
- 3+ years of full-stack development
- Experience with continuous integration delivery model
- Experience leading the development of enterprise-wide software products
- Experience with leading implementation of software coding standards, patterns, and industry standard practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or the equivalent in education and work experience
- 8+ years of professional experience in C#.NET, Web Services
- 5+ years of full-stack development
- 5+ years of professional experience with any combination of database engines
- 3+ years of professional experience with Android mobile development
- 2+ years of professional experience with JSON, Xamarin/Xamarin Forms
- 1+ years leading agile/scrum development teams engineering new software solutions from start to finish
- 1+ years of professional experience with any website programming platform/language (ASP.Net or Angular)
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law