Lead Test Automation Engineer
Internal title: Lead Applications Developer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done…our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The Lead Test Automation Engineer will provide leadership in full systems life cycle management to ensure delivery is on time and within budget. He/She will direct component and data architecture design, technology planning and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements and ensure compliance. This position will develop and lead AD project activities and integrations. The Lead Test Automation Engineer will guide teams to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. He/She will research and support the integration of emerging technologies. This position will provide knowledge and support for applications' development, integration and maintenance. The Lead Test Automation Engineer will lead junior team members with project related activities and tasks and will also guide and influence department and project teams. This position facilitates collaboration with stakeholders.
In this position, the Lead Test Automation Engineer will ensure that software, hardware and infrastructure needs of the Worldport Operation are met. This individual will be responsible for the release management activities of Worldport systems, management oversight of test environments utilized by the Worldport Test Operations (WTO) QA team and provide assistance with setting the direction and development of automated testing for applications in the WTO.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office
- Intermediate knowledge of Java Programming, Selenium, Jenkins and Technical knowledge of Hardware & Software.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office, MS Visio, Requirements Management,
- Must have good presentation and writing skills, project management/Resource Planning, Multi-tasking abilities, be detail oriented and a good negotiator
- Must have experience coordinating and leading project activities, planning software, hardware and infrastructure efforts for a team.
- Must have experience developing automated testing for applications
- Must have high passion/desire to help lead the Worldport Test Operations into the next generation of Automated testing.
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law