From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
Hilton is looking for a Lead Software Engineer (SE) who will apply technical skills to maintain or enhance systems, methods, products, or techniques within the Enterprise Information Management (EIM) team. You will work with build managers, architecture and technology spheres as part of the Corporate Systems build team. You will be a critically important technical resource deployed within the context of business technology solution delivery projects to ensure overall stability and performance of our world-class applications.
As a Lead SE at Hilton, you are expected to be fully proficient with complex software development concepts and methodologies and current development languages and methods. Specifically, you develop, test, debugs and document application systems to achieve the objectives detailed in the business requirements. Demonstrating technical expertise and strong analytical skills, you will work closely with Build Managers, Solution and Platform Architects and multi-functional teams to use technical skill and judgment to develop solutions that meet business requirements for Hilton Worldwide applications and platforms.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead and build data frameworks.
- Communicate with internal and external partners.
- Define and set standard methodologies for the organization.
- Mentor team members to facilitate and guide their growth in technical skillsets incorporated at Hilton.
- Demonstrate the ability to engage and work with Solution and Platform architects to drive solutions to complex problems in accordance with the strategic vision established by Technology Executives.
- Represent and lead by example by learning and applying new technologies.
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong in Software Programming skills in object-oriented development languages
- Experience in Big Data Hadoop, Data Lakes and Cloud services
- Experience in Real time data ingestions using Apache Kafka and Spark streaming process
- Direct experience in Import and export structured RDBMS and unstructured NOSQL database data using Apache Sqoop, Spark, Scala and Java
- Hands-on experience to develop ETL batch jobs for structured and unstructured data ingestion using Scala, Apache Spark, Hive, Apache Pig, MapReduce
- Knowledge of Hive, AWS Redshift, SQL
- Experience in code release management
- Experience in Performance tuning the database queries for large data sets
- Knowledge on Dashboards and Reports development with user-friendly interface
- Quick learner of new technologies and expand skills
- Experience in Scrum and Waterfall project life cycles
- Experience in Requirement gathering, Analysis, Design, Reviews, Coding, Code Reviews, Unit and Integration Testing
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of experience in software development
- Four (4) years of software/platform design and implementation experience
- Two (2) years of project experience with Hadoop technology
- Up to 5% business travel as needed
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor's Degree OR Associate's Degree plus six (6) years of Technology related experience OR High School Diploma/GED plus twelve (12) years of Technology related experience
- Nine (9) years of professional work experience in Technology or related field
- Seven (7) years of software/platform design and implementation experience
- Four (4) years of project experience with Hadoop technology
- Three (3) years working with cloud applications/technologies
- Knowledge in Hospitality, Financial or Sales industries
- Hands-on experience with AWS Data Pipeline, AWS Glue, AWS EMR
- Hands-on experience in scheduling batch jobs and workflows using Apache Oozie and Unix crontab
- Previous experience managing individuals or teams in a supervisory role
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!