Job Title: Lead Engineer- Electrical/Electronic
Location: Livermore, CA
Job Type: Full Time -Permanent
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering plus a minimum of 5 years of progressive engineering experience in the heavy duty or automotive segment.
• J1939/CAN tools (CANalyzer, P-CAN, CANoe, etc.) and standards
• Problem resolution processes such 8D, 5P etc.
• FMEAs to identify and prevent potential failure modes in designs
• Experienced in systems engineering approaches to solving problems
Desired Skills and Experience
• Diagnostic and programming tools from the transit and heavy duty vehicle industries (Cummins Insite, Allison Doc, Wabco Toolbox, VEPS, etc.)
• Vehicle, Diagnostic Control System Design & Development
• Able to execute Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly activities
• Experience with the following: vehicle electrical system troubleshooting, electrical test equipment/tools, automotive industry codes/standards such as SAE, NEC, NFPA, FMVSS, DOT, NHTSA, harness/schematic design and drawing tools to perform load analysis, power distribution and circuit protection analysis