From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Lead Front-End Developer, you will be working with the Senior Manager of Digital Development as part of a team to develop and lead digital assets for Hilton websites and services. You will be expected to work within an agile framework, and collaborate with the creative team, technical team, and product leads on targeted features and functions required allowing Hilton to maintain its position as a leader in hospitality.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and deliver front-end assets for Hilton's websites, including the following tasks: component development, writing unit tests, bug fixes, keeping compliance with web accessibility standards, contributing to state management of the web application, and other supportive functions within the technical stack as needed.
- Offer technical mentorship to help define requirements and implement solutions that meet business objectives.
- Establish proven partnerships within the IT organization to ensure cross-functional alignment, to ensure deep understanding of a feature requests.
- Help fill gaps throughout the development cycle to ensure Hilton meets delivery expectations.
- Lead and mentor other developers on the technology stack building up the core competency to increase the velocity of the teams.
- Follow the defined agile methodology delivering industry leading front-end web solutions with best in class quality and performance.
- Accept and demonstrate the core principles of front-end development practices and ensure these principles are followed throughout the team.
- Research, share, and implement new technologies to evolve the front-end stack and increase site performance.
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Experience supporting sites on different browsers, operating systems, and devices
- Experience mentoring other technical team members
- Strong working knowledge of using Git as version control with a team
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence across organization boundaries
- Ability to balance competing demands
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams in diverse locations
- Worldwide travel as required
- Advanced knowledge in React-based patterns
- Ability to cultivate positive technology and procedural change while considering all team members and partners
- Excellent written and verbal social skills with an emphasis on executive engagement
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with focus and precision
- Ability to navigate through changing business, process and technology capabilities, decisions and direction
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Associate's Degree plus four (4) years of related IT experience OR High School Diploma/GED plus eight (8) years of related IT experience
- One (1) year of React experience
- One (1) year of experience working with Node.js
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Seven (7) years of professional web development experience
- Two (2) years of experience working with React
- Experience with web accessibility including using screen readers
- Strong working knowledge of Atlassian Stack
- Strong working knowledge of agile methodologies
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!