The primary mission of the Full Stack Data Engineer role is to help our business evolve into an insights-driven organization. The position sits in our Enterprise Data and Analytics team, which aims to drive improved business outcomes using insights gleaned from data and analytics and infuse them into Lennar’s corporate fabric. The Full Stack Data Engineer will create innovative data products that deliver insights to business users and drive action, bring DataOps and engineering practices to the analytics team, support advanced analytics development and workflows, and drive the build out of our data fabric that connects data across the enterprise and enables true 360 degree analytics and insights.
- Develop data products, including web applications, API endpoints, and data visualizations, that deliver information and insights to business users
- Deliver data and insights in a manner that allows business users to understand, interpret, and act within their operational workflows and decision-making processes
- Create intelligent applications that leverage machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Instrument data products to enable impact quantification
- Implement software engineering and DataOps standards and best practices for data analytics team, including code modularization, versioning, testing, automation/CICD workflows, code reviews
- Develop data analytics tooling to support analysis workflows
- Work with data/information architects to drive enterprise taxonomy and ontology development to connect disparate data across enterprise and enable 360 insights
- Gain an understanding of core business processes and align data development with business strategy
- Wrangle and integrate data from disparate systems to allow data analysts and data scientists leverage to end-to-end data and information
- Develop data science workflows to optimize artificial intelligence lifecycle
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master’s degree preferred (desired in relevant area), or multiple certifications
- 10+ years progressive work experience in related fields
- 6+ years as a full stack developer and 4+ years in developing end-to-end data and analytics products, years of experience may be concurrent
- Thirst to help transform Lennar into an insights-driven organization
- Demonstrated ability to deliver end-to-end data products that put information and insights into the hands of business users
- Experience working with business users to understand how to optimally deliver insights within their operational workflows and decision-making processes
- Demonstrated ability to quantify/measure impact of actions taken based on insights
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies
- Strong adherence to core software engineering principles (code modularization, versioning, git, testing, Agile etc.)
- Expertise in SQL and RDBMS; Experience working with NoSQL database systems
- Proficiency in programming languages used in data science, such as Python and R
- Proficiency in fundamentals of cloud (Azure, AWS) and workflow automation technologies
- Experience building out the enterprise data fabric according to its prescribed information architecture
- Proficiency in semantic modeling, and knowledge and ontology engineering (preferred)
- Ability and willingness to learn about the business, its strategy, objectives, and core business processes
- Proficiency in data wrangling and integration
- Demonstrated ability to develop data science workflows
- Experience with semantic data modeling and knowledge graphs
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires he position to have the ability to operate computer equipment. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Travel up to 10% of the time to Divisions within the Lennar family.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- May be required to cross train for position(s) within the team organizational structure from time to time, as required by the Leadership
- Comply with and implement company policies and
- Accept constructive
- Strong work
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.