From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Lead Global Network Engineer (Cloud Network Engineer), you will be responsible for the global architecture and engineering of Hilton networks supporting all corporate offices and hotel locations. Additionally, you will handle Network automation and strategic roadmap as directed, while working as a member of Hilton's global network team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to grow and work closely with other technologies governed by our Global Network Engineering Team which includes VoIP, Video/Telepresence Collaboration, LAN/WAN and Security.
More specifically, you will:
- Partner with various technology teams at Hilton (i.e., Network, Cloud, Security, Applications, etc) to architect, design and implement business network requirements for Cloud computing.
- Analyze business requirements, work with requestors and implement firewall rules and connectivity requirements accordingly.
- Maintain an overview of the Hilton Global Network topology and assist with connectivity requirements as needed.
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of network engineering policies, and operations, including network programmability (Python, scripting and RESTful API) and orchestration.
- Develop and implement network policies to optimize network performance across corporate and hotel locations.
- Develop operating metrics for all elements of the corporate environment and actively manage network vendor and OEM performance.
- Advise and contribute to the creation of technical specifications and product design.
- Work with cloud services (ideally AWS) and set up geographically redundant services in the cloud.
- Manage Infrastructure as code environments at AWS using Ansible and Terraform.
- Perform scripting using Bash/JSON/Powershell, etc.
- Utilize security concepts around Security group management.
- Monitor and alert platforms such that they can create and adjust necessary monitoring scripts or services.
- Utilize technical background in networking technologies including VPN, IPSec, BGP, MPLS, TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, Load Balancing, Proxy and WAF (Web Application Firewall).
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to thrive in a high paced and dynamic environment
- Collaborative and interpersonal teammates, who build positive relationships, exhibit tact and earn trust
- Dedicated, ambitious individuals with good time management and attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement actions required to achieve functional goals
- Capacity to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Works independently without significant oversite to follow requirements and develop solutions
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of professional experience in technology or a related field
- Five (5) years of working experience with Networking-related concepts
- Five (5) years' experience working with load balancing, DNS and firewalls
- Three (3) years of working experience with Cloud Computing
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- AA/AS Associate's and/or BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Seven (7) years of working experience with complex network topologies
- One (1) year of leadership experience
- Experience working within operational processes, DevOps, deployments, etc.
- Experience with automation frameworks (Ansible/Chef/Puppet) and configuration management tools
- Proficiency with assessing, architecting, designing and implementing all elements of a Private Cloud Environment at an enterprise level
- AWS certification
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!