Lead DevOps Engineer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done…our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The Lead DevOps Engineer will be responsible for leading and overseeing the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools for the Crew Program. Tools may include Jenkins, Groovy Script, Git, TFS, OpenShift, and Docker. The candidate will have familiarity with Cloud infrastructure (e.g. VMware, Kubernetes, AWS) and CI tools to help development teams produce pipelines that improve software quality. The candidate will assist development teams to produce pipelines that improve software quality. The development stack will include Java + Spring Boot, Node.js, Angular, Oracle, Etc. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable presenting technical strategies to development teams, other DevOps Engineers and IT leadership.
The Lead DevOps Engineer provides leadership in full systems life cycle management (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.) to ensure delivery is on time and within budget. Directs component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements and ensure compliance. This position develops and leads AD project activities and integrations. Guides teams to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position researches and supports the integration of emerging technologies. Provides knowledge and support for applications’ development, integration, and maintenance. This position will lead junior team members with project related activities and tasks. This position guides and influences department and project teams. Facilitates collaboration with stakeholders.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Defining and owning the application CI/CD methods and process
- Configuring, implementing, and automating Continuous Delivery pipelines for software delivery teams utilizing the supported CI tools
- Creating, implementing and providing oversight of system properties, script library and plugins
- Experience with OpenShift deployments and Linux Administration
- Working with deployment and release management tools to onboard development teams and create full release pipelines
- Work across departments to collect and contribute to CI/CD best practices
- Resolving build server or deployment related problems as required
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Build Docker Images
- OpenShift Administration
- Knowledge of Jenkins/Git/Java
- Full stack Java Development experience
- Experience setting up and managing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with LAN Administration
- Experience with Linux System Administration and OpenShift
- Experience Linux Performance & Tuning, UNIX Shell and Technical Knowledge of Hardware & Software
- Advanced skills in Leadership, Motivation and be a Self-Motivated Learner Preferred
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law