Lead Java Developer
Brooksource is currently seeking a Lead Application Engineer to support our client's Enterprise Payment Solutions. This position will be accountable for designing, developing and supporting a variety of software applications.
The primary responsibilities for this role are focused on designing, building and supporting automated solutions which support payment and billing capabilities across multiple distribution channels. It will entail working with new and existing systems on numerous application and database platforms.
You will operate as a member of a Scrum team supporting existing systems and building new capabilities by designing and building data transformation/integration patterns that align with our Client's architecture. We are looking for you to design, build and/or maintain Payment Solutions aligned with our Client's architecture and provide technical support of business process improvements across wide range of processes, systems and business areas.
You will be responsible for influencing technology direction, assisting with integration test development and design related to end-to-end testing of payments solutions, and estimate technical effort for medium to large-sized initiatives. Providing impact analysis of proposed requirements on supported systems/applications while reviewing, analyzing and evaluating complex functional requirements and developing appropriate and effective solution design is another requirement of this role.
• Apply business, industry and technical knowledge (across multiple assets, domains, platforms, technologies, vendors, etc.) to lead the delivery of creative solutions
• Provide leadership to appropriately support and maintain technology capabilities
• Be confident working with ambiguity while solving complex problems, driving innovation and striving for continuous improvement
• Focus on the broader Thrivent Enterprise while collaborating with leaders, verbally and in writing, to align business and technical concepts in an understandable way
• Mentor, train and coach more junior staff
Required Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, business, mathematics or related field
• 5+ years of applicable experience designing, building and supporting software applications and integration solutions
• Proven leadership on medium-scale projects impacting strategic priorities
• Experience working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum) preferred
• Experience with Payments and/or Billing systems preferred
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Java Object Oriented development
• Experience with Spring tool suite
• Experience with Spring Batch preferred
• Integration development experience
• Experience building and using REST and SOAP services
• Docker or other container management experience
• Enterprise Service Bus experience (Mule)
• Spring Boot
• MQ, RabbitMQ
• NoSQL (Mongo)
• DB2 database platform
• Oracle database platform
• SQL Server database platform
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.