We are hiring for an immediate need one of our largest P&C insurance clients for a skilled and motivated Lead Java Developer to join our IT team in Birmingham, Alabama. In this role you will act as a technical resource in the many phases of the development and implementation process. You will conduct code and design reviews, develop code, unit test and sign off on technical specifications including design documents, functional designs and requirements. Knowledge of estimation process and participation is required. All development will follow Service Oriented Architecture patterns.
- Under general direction, manages the work of an IT team within a large organization to provide quality, timely and cost-effective solutions.
- Leads the development and implementation of project plans for new and existing business applications systems to ensure optimal use of computing systems and to improve information processing on an ongoing basis.
- Provides leadership in coordinating the prioritization and assignments of the team's work and projects while meeting customer requirements.
- Assumes a senior role in providing technical consulting and support to customer groups with respect to applications computing technologies.
- Writes design specifications based on customers' business needs.
- 5+ years of full time experience developing J2EE applications using JAVA
- Experience developing enterprise level projects with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Self-starter with the ability to code, test and debug business applications
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of J2EE technologies including JMS, Web Services, XML, SQL and JDBC
- Experienced in performance and load testing enterprise applications
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and information both verbally and in writing
- Ability to gather and analyze facts and draw correct inferences from the information
- Education equivalent to a degree in an information technology related discipline (Computer Science, Computer Engineering a plus), or the equivalent in related work experience
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.