LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
The Lead Manufacturing Analyst will play a crucial role in the manufacturing decision-making process, specifically in relation to accounting, finance, controls, and the business environment. The individual will partner directly with the Houston Refinery Management Team under the direction of the Houston Refinery Controlling Manager. While primary duties will center around the Houston Refinery Manufacturing units, the role will also provide accounting support for various site support organizations within the Houston Refinery. This location is at 12000 Lawndale, Houston, TX 77017 (610 Loop at 225 East).Roles & Responsibilities
- Encompasses all things accounting-related for the Houston Refinery Manufacturing units, including accounting and month-end close activities, cost and profitability analysis, manufacturing and corporate reporting, and internal control coordination, as well as additional core and ad-hoc functions for various site support organizations.
- Providing key information on historical and forward-looking trends and related cost analysis at the micro and macro level.
- Among other tasks, this business partner will guide the following processes: annual budget, site forecasting, LRP functions, monthly cost reviews, internal controls and compliance with SOx, classification of costs, contract review, physical inventory and PPE inventory observations, various audit functions including audit support for turnarounds and other major site projects, as well as other financial support for the manufacturing site.
- A Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting, finance or other related business degree is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial or manufacturing accounting.
- Ability to successfully obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card.
- ERP and data retrieval / analysis experience preferably with SAP and Business Warehouse.
- Highly self-sufficient and knowledgeable and able to employ quality analytics to facilitate: (1) making decisions (2) providing quality information to allow management to make sound decisions and (3) serving as a resource / mentor for other accountants within Manufacturing Accounting.
- Demonstrated organization skills with the ability to prioritize and have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to drive continuous improvement and ensure achievement of Manufacturing, Finance and Company goals.
- Ability to multi-task, consistently meets deadlines, and performs self-review of work product for accuracy and quality in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work with various work groups and various levels throughout the Manufacturing and Finance organizations.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are essential.
- Ability to work extended hours during various times of the month/year.
Experience working in a plant environment is preferredCompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston