Lead NOC Engineer
Security Clearance required: Fully adjudicated Secret with the ability to obtain a Top Secret
US Citizenship Required
Location: Washington, DC
Position Summary: The Lead Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer oversees a team of NOC engineers/technicians that provide monitoring, incident response, and technical support for a 24/7/365 enterprise network operations center. The Lead NOC Engineer will be responsible for monitoring the performance and capacity of the customers computer systems, troubleshooting problems, and responding to network issues and may also be required to configure system hardware and manage system back-ups.
To ensure success as the Lead NOC engineer, you should demonstrate advanced knowledge of network deployment and infrastructure, excellent troubleshooting skills, and the ability to work flexible hours. Must be able to diagnose and resolve network issues without causing extended downtime of the IT systems.
- Responsible for overseeing a team of NOC Engineers/technicians
- Deploying and inspecting IT network systems.
- Overseeing the safe installation of hardware and cabling systems.
- Monitoring the performance and capacity of computer systems.
- Performing regular checks on network hardware and software.
- Responding to network alerts and hardware malfunctions.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting network errors.
- Tracking and documenting network issues and compiling incident reports.
- Responding to user requests and providing network training.
- Managing system backups and network security protocols.
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- Desired Certifications: CCNA or CCNP
- Experience managing, supporting and deploying network infrastructures
- Experience overseeing or leading a team of network technicians or engineers
- Strong ability to diagnose server or network alerts, events or issues
- Understanding of common information architecture frameworks
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques
- Good oral and written communication skills, and ability to address conflict with others constructively
- Experience with Disaster Recovery plans and related technologies
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email email@example.com