This position is responsible for the Cisco Unified Communications (UC) environment and ensures the stability and integrity of the global data, voice, video, and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks and wide area networks across the organization. In addition, the Unified Communications Engineer will participate with the design, implementation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Adheres to Integer Core Value and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the unified communications environment comprised of Cisco VoIP, Unity voicemail, WebEx, Jabber instant messaging clients, and Cisco video conferencing technologies.
- Provides technical expertise to ensure that voice and data communications are sufficient, appropriate, and functioning to meet customer delivery service level goals.
- Ensures that voice and data systems perform at optimum and cost-effective levels, which includes building vendor relationships and vendor management (Cisco).
- Determines causes of systems malfunctions and directs or performs corrective actions.
- Assists the Network department in designing and implementing the global enterprise network.
- Performs installation of voice and network equipment.
- Key contributor in setting technical strategy direction in various voice and data systems disciplines.
- Develops work instructions, procedures, and policies in support of company Unified Communications requirements.
- Maintains technical architecture documentation keeping it current.
- Monitors Unified Communications links and telephony devices for failures and performance problems.
- Provides demand management technical and cost analysis in support of planning and budgetary efforts.
- Solves highly technical complex problems.
- Assists with the transfer of knowledge of technical skills providing coaching to department network Associates.
- Participates in business continuity planning for infrastructure.
- Provides 7x24 on-call support for production UC systems as necessary including incident, problem, and change management.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or equivalent (8+ years) of experience. Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP) or Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP).
- Minimum Experience:
- Networking / Unified Communications experience, 5 plus years
- Cisco Unified Call Manager experience, 5 plus years
- Cisco Unity experience, 5 plus years
- Cisco routing and switching experience, 5 plus years
- Cisco WebEx experience, 5 plus years
Knowledge & Skills:
- Special Skills:
- Technical knowledge of network hardware, including Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Cisco Firewalls, Cisco Access Points, and Cisco Phones
- Advanced knowledge of VolP technologies and the TCP/IP protocol suite including QoS and SIP.
- Experience with deployment of Cisco conference room endpoints including SX, MX, and Spark systems
- Knowledge of voice and networking protocols, topologies, and technologies (TDM, LAN, WAN, Ethernet, MPLS)
- Effective business consulting skills including ability to establish rapport with key business leaders to collaborate and influence
- Highly proficient oral and written communication capabilities as well as excellent presentation abilities
- Specialized Knowledge: Project management experience and ITIL V3 Foundation certification strongly preferred but not required
- Other: Up to 15% travel