From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
***The location for this position can be Memphis, TN; McLean, VA;Dallas, TX; or remote/virtual.***
As a Lead Quality Engineer at Hilton, you will join the team responsible for first in class quality assurance. You will partner with the Senior Manager of Quality Engineering.
More specifically, you will:
- Interact with the development team to understand architecture and service layer requirements.
- Review and understand business requirements and use cases.
- Work with automation tools such as Selenium, webdriver.io.
- Develop system and system integration test scenarios.
- Write reusable functions, both application independent and application dependent.
- Evaluate reported defects and lead re-testing of prioritized defects.
- Work closely with developers and testers as needed to create and maintain scripts and log defects.
- Prepare test data or work with data analysts to define test data needs.
- Log defects with associated documentation using JIRA and work with development team to explain and help resolve defects.
- Provide status reporting and attend daily standup meetings when working in an Agile/Kanban team.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Social communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
- Dedicated, ambitious individual with good time management and attention to detail
- Strong system assessments skills and knowledge
- Be able to quickly grasp the big picture for development and testing, and make effective design decisions regarding division of functionality among layers (e.g., tools, tests, etc.)
- Has a teachable and learning spirit
- Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, utilizing analytical skills, and possessing adaptability to change
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of professional experience in Technology or related field
- Five (5) years of manual testing experience
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment
- Travel - 20-25%, as needed
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor's Degree OR Associate's Degree plus six (6) years of Technology related experience OR High School Diploma/GED plus twelve (12) years of Technology related experience
- Nine (9) years of professional experience in Technology or related field
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!