Lead Software Developer Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking a Software Developer for an opportunity in Bloomington, MN. The Software Developer plays an important role in the support and development of the applications, supported by the IT team. The Software Developer's role is to help plan, design, develop, launch, and maintain the systems and solutions in support of core organizational functions. This will include helping resolve performance issues and support tickets, identifying and recommending solutions to remediate chronic issues and poor performing software, identify ways to improve productivity, and helping to implement best practices related to software development, including coding standards, integration and security best practices.
- Partners with the necessary teams to fully understand business scope and implement sustainable, cost effective solutions, adhering to the company's strategic direction and standards
- Works with external and internal partners to ensure coding best practices and development principles are followed
- Works on internal development projects during code design, development, optimization, deployment and ongoing maintenance
- Partners with business liaisons and engineers to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Creates process flowcharts, diagrams, and other related documentation
- Participates in the design process of new features and enhancements to existing software
- Maintains a broad and thorough understanding of current software development techniques, methodologies, tools, and technologies
- Proposes, implements feasible solutions or processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of applications
- Diagnoses and solves technical problems related to project implementation and ongoing maintenance
- Works independently or in a team situation to deliver on agreed upon timelines
- Analyzes end-user needs and designs, tests, and develops software to satisfy demand
- Demonstrates knowledge of test driven development as well as unit test and test harness designs.
- Writes code with a clear concept of object Oriented designs.
- Diagnoses issues, evaluates and recommends the best resolution plan and executing against that plan
- Provides database integrations/data migrations between applications
- Completes role specific training, certifications, or attend industry events as assigned by the manager on an annual basis
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- 8 + years' experience with Microsoft Development platform using .NET framework technology, Visual Studi.NET, VB.NET or C#, AOD.NET, ASP.NET
- 5 + years' SQL Database administration
- SQL 2005 and SQL Reporting Services
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Agile development
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, GP, and SharePoint
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of software engineering principles, methodologies, and procedures
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.