Location: Westminster, CO
Type: Contract to Hire
WHAT YOU'D BE DOING, AKA 'ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:”
- Maintain existing software using Visual Studio and SQL server.
- Develop solutions that integrate with existing architecture.
- Program using industry standard methods.
- Work in a team environment with other developers, testers, production support staff, business users, and other internal teams as well as periodic external partners.
- Attend department meetings and company meetings.
- Maintain knowledge of current technology trends.
- Other duties as required by management.
You're a smart, energetic, flexible person who can think creatively, and you don't need to be told what to do to make yourself useful. You love writing software, and solving complex problems. You have a hunger for new knowledge, and love sharing your knowledge with your team. You keep trying until you get it right. You are precise, detail-oriented, and relentlessly pursue quality.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of training and experience
- At least 10 years of overall software development experience
- 5+ years of experience using the following, with expert skills in at least one, and strong skills in the rest:
- Angular.js / Angular 2
- Experience with:
- ASP.net MVC
- Microservices architecture
- Responsive design
- Creating and consuming secure web services, web API, or WCF
- XML and JSON
- Secure website design and development
- Working in an Agile environment using Scrum, Kanban, or SAFe
- Mentoring and guiding junior developers
- Working with a geographically diverse team
- Experience with Visual Studio 2013/2015
- Experience with Team Foundation Server 2013/2015
- Experience with SQL Server 2012/2014
- Experience with automated unit testing and integration testing
- Experience with graceful degradation and/or progressive enhancement websites.
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!