LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
LyondellBasell's Houston Refinery, one of the largest refineries designed to process heavy, high-sulfur crude oil is in search of a Maintenance Team Leader. Our 268,000-barrel-per-day refinery is strategically located on the U.S. Gulf Coast with access to interstate pipelines and the Port of Houston. The facility covers approximately 700 acres at the city limits of Houston and Pasadena, Texas. The Houston Refinery was one of the first petroleum refineries constructed on the Houston Ship Channel and traces its origin to 1918. What makes us great is our people because they make great things happen. LyondellBasell employees take pride in what they do because they know it makes a real difference to our customers.
For more information about LyondellBasell, please visit www.lyb.com.
The Maintenance Team Leader is a direct-hire position with a competitive salary, bonus, 401K matching and benefits package.Roles & Responsibilities
To coach, mentor, and supervise maintenance team to ensure development and safe execution of refinery maintenance.
This position must perform at a strategic level with sound decision making focusing on safety and site performance.
* Ensures the Maintenance & Operations Work Process (MOWP) is followed, and barriers to successful maintenance execution are removed.
* Ensures safe execution of maintenance plans, evaluates results, and provides feedback to appropriate personnel.
* Removes all barriers to meeting site objectives including maintenance KPI targets.
* Provides safety leadership by developing ownership of safety as a value and enhancing the engagement in driving the belief that 'ALL Injuries are Preventable'.
* Ensures compliance with all company, local, state, and federal agency requirements with special emphasis on personal and process safety and environmental compliance.
* Ensures the Code of Conduct and all other Company policies are accurately, consistently, and fairly administered.
* Understands and follows the content of the labor agreement.
* Translate refinery strategic economic objectives into executable maintenance plans including action plans, targets, and Key Performance Indicators.
* Manages performance and professional development of supervisory personnel in the assigned area and ensures supervisors are effectively managing hourly personnel.
* Works with the Training department to ensure craftsmen maintain craft certifications.
* Assists the Training department in developing and implementing craft training.
* Responsible for defining and achieving maintenance strategies/goals.
* Prepares and administers the maintenance budget.
* Plan and execute equipment/unit outages not supported by Turnaround and OUE.
* Assures the maintenance execution team is knowledgeable in the policies and procedures to safely and environmentally execute the job plan.
* Assures that process safety concerns and or events are escalated and investigated in a timely manner.
* Directly responsible for the performance of the employees and supervisors assigned to their areas.
* Responsible for the safe execution of the maintenance execution plan.
* Ensures resources (people, tools, equipment, etc.) are utilized in the safest, most-efficient methods possible.
* Make decisions on the best use of resources.
* Enforces culture that will stop unsafe work and correct unsafe work practices.
Preferred QualificationsCompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
* 8 - 10 years of experience and recognized as a Maintenance professional
* Bachelor Degree in Engineering discipline preferred
* 5 years in a Leadership position preferred
* Effective leadership and communication skills
* Use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to guide others toward goal achievement.
* Use appropriate facilitation methods to motivate group toward accomplishment of objectives.
* Work effectively with others outside the line of formal authority to accomplish organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems.
* Maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational norms in conducting internal and external business activities.
* Achieve a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills/knowledge in job related areas.
* Maintain effectiveness in varying environments and with different tasks, responsibilities, and people.
* Maintain stable performance under time pressures or job ambiguity.
* Set high goals and standards of performance for self, subordinates, others, and the organization.
* Coach and provide feedback to achieve performance improvement.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston