LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
North Plant IEA and SIS Engineering Team Lead role is to lead and mentor a team of IEA and SIS engineers and specialist to provide engineering expertise and support to operations and projects.Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist with management of day-to-day priorities for SIS and IEA engineers and specialist.
- Assist engineers in troubleshoot and problem-solve advanced IEA and SIS problems
- Participate in development of the Reliability Strategy for HRO and foster the reliability culture through the five tenets of reliability.
- Assist IEA Reliability Manager in developing IEA Reliability strategic goals and develop goals for direct reports.
- Ensure Long Range Plans for instrumentation, SIS, and analyzer systems have been developed, maintained, and executed.
- Establish, oversee and maintain the Operating Rhythm for the IEA Reliability organization in partnership with the IEA Reliability Manager. Lead and facilitate the IEA/SIS weekly Boardwalk updates, monthly Business reviews, and monthly reports.
- Manage resources to participate in engineering, turnaround, and PSM activities (HAZOPS, risk assessments, PHAs, MOCs, etc.)
- Actively manage team members MOC's, incident investigations and action items. Drive MOC's, incident investigations, and action items to closure with quality as the highest priority within a timely manner.
- Actively manage the IEA/SIS procedure review program and ensure all procedures are current and up to date with current LYB engineering standards and industry standards.
- Develop, implement, and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) for IEA and SIS systems. Develop action plans to maintain KPI's at target levels.
- Support the group's customer service effort by maintaining regular contact with Asset Team, Reliability, and Technical Assurance Managers and Team Leaders.
- Mentor and coach engineers on technical skills, technical writing, and presentation skills.
- Represent the Group as the first point of contact for projects in the definition and scope-development stages and delegate responsibilities to team as appropriate.
- Support and improve the instrument, SIS, analyzer and electrical PM program.
Lead the development and implementation of equipment maintenance strategies for IEA.Min. Qualifications
Minimum 8 years related job experience; prefer at least two years of management experience
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Degree preferred; Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering will also be considered.
Prefer to have knowledge of Emmerson AMS, Bently vibration monitoring, CCC antisurge, Allen Bradley PLCs, Triconex SIS, InTools, Conval sizingPreferred QualificationsCompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston