Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
Working independently, the Lean Six Sigma Specialist is responsible for using Lean Six Sigma principles to design, implement, and monitor continuous improvement projects across all systems, processes, and data managed and/or supported by IT. They will be advocates of quality across the organization, aligning improvement efforts to enterprise strategy, coaching quality improvement specialists and members of IT assigned to quality improvement projects, ensuring successful reduction of defects and maximization of product and service quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate quality improvement throughout the organization, ensuring IT is aligned strategically & tactically to organization objectives.
• Coach and mentor other members of IT in the identification and prioritization of quality improvement opportunities.
• Participate in the development of new or changes to existing Quality Management strategies, in partnership with IT leadership.
• Coaches project teams in successfully driving and delivering project outcomes (cost savings, efficiency) to address business needs.
• Champion the Discount Tire brand, language and methodology and constantly seek out and quantify process improvement opportunities.
• Accountable for CSI of Critical to quality systems, data, and processes within IT.
• Work with IT leadership to select and prioritize Improvement projects, ensuring work aligns with strategic goals.
• Work with IT peers, functional managers, Project Managers to recommend and implement solutions.
• Coordinate with project managers to create project plans and guide team members to complete improvement projects in a timely manner.
• Manage customer relationships, ensuring processes meet the needs of stakeholders.
• Network with internal and external resources to bring best practices to the organization.
• Support, promote and ensure consistent alignment to IT standards, processes and tools.
• Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
• Other duties as assigned
• Five or more years of experience implementing improvements based on Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
• Five or more years of business process re-engineering experience.
• Experience in delivering Kaizen or Rapid Improvement activities based on Process mapping including Value Stream Mapping, SIPOC diagrams, and other flowcharting methods preferred.
• Experience facilitating creation of and managing Quality Plans, using appropriate Lean Six Sigma tools to identify quality levels and risk/opportunity; including FMEA analysis and Voice of the Business, and standard complexity analysis tools.
• Experience generating support for and implementing improvement projects using DMAIC process required.
• Strong analytical skillset required.
• Ability to work independently and in a team is vital.
• Proven ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
• Proven ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is necessary.
• Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
• In addition, organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
• This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent work experience. Master's degree is preferred.
• Six Sigma Green Belt or above certification required.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.