Seeking an entry level Learning Management System (LMS) Technical Designer (TD) to join the company's Creative and Technical Communication (CTC) team. CTC supports a variety of corporate, government, and internal clients who require creative and technical solutions to support workforce development.
* Partners with content developers and graphics designers to discuss needs, and draft designs of software. Works with more experienced developers to ensure needs are technically feasible and designs can be executed.
* Provides technical site maintenance and advice on routine/basic issues related to animation, search engine techniques, link integrity, navigation, browsers, graphics, and other technical web topics.
* Develops the requirements of a product from inception to conclusion. Tests, debugs, and refines the software to produce the required product.
* Works on user interfaces of interactive web applications that align with ADA 508, and cross browser compliance.
* Maintains compliance with standards and conventions in developing programs.
* Trains with senior developers on how to modify and create systems software and ensures systems efficiency and integrity.
* Conducts analysis, development, and maintenance of software in a supervised setting.
* Conducts systems tests, monitors test results, and takes appropriate corrective action for the more routine/basic issues.
* Runs coded unit tests and works with Testers/Information Assurance to address program and/or security findings.
* May prepare documentation, including block diagrams, logic flow charts and software program documentation. Participates in development of software user manuals.
Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems a related field or equivalent relevant experience; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
0-2 years of experience with programming or web development activities.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Firm understanding and current practical experience using HTML, CSS, and PHP
* Experience using eLearning authoring software such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate, Lectora, or Camtasia is a plus.
* A basic understanding of multimedia platforms and Learning Management System (LMS) course development,
including Flash, accessibility techniques such as 508 compliance, and SCORM courses.
* An interest in graphic design, UI/UX concepts, and an understanding of application deployment and maintenance (both front end and back end) is preferred as is an interest in Open Source Software, particularly Moodle, and its application.
* Working knowledge of Adobe Cloud software (particularly Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and Audition) and ability to apply that knowledge in the design of electronic or print products.
* Must be detail oriented, as well as able to work well with clients.
* Experience working with scalable databases and developing applications against a relational database such as Oracle or SQL Server preferred.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
* Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, and work in a closed environment with others.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology.
* Demonstrates problem solving, logic, and analytic skills.