Comments for Agencies: Shift is 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Interviews will be on site in Warrendale
We would prefer someone with assembler experience but it is not required.
The Material Control Handler is responsible for performing duties associated with the preparation and delivery/staging of all components and raw materials used in production, as well as processing of returns from production. Responsible for preparation and shipment of all outgoing shipments to Company Distribution Centers, Company Manufacturing Plants, outside vendors, and other destinations within the U.S. and internationally as needed. Responsible for maintaining accurate inventories by performing cycle counting in support of Warrendale continuous inventory cycle count program. Responsible for utilizing ERP and MES systems to perform all necessary transactions in support of production and Warehouse Management operations. Material Control Handlers will be required to operate company vehicles/truck in support of material movements between multiple warehouse facilities. Works across all functional areas within the plant. Works as part of the warehouse team.
Principal Activities Performed By The Incumbent
- Participates in Warrendale continuous inventory cycle count program to ensure that all requirements are met by performing cycle counting of inventories for components and raw materials used in manufacturing.
- Utilizes the ERP and MES operating system to ensure that only approved material is used to supply materials to production to the appropriate staging area on time, accurately and according to the requirements of the order. Completes all necessary ERP and MES Warehouse Management transactions.
- Responsible for the accurate preparation of all packaging requests and the staging of all WIP to the proper staging bay as required by the packaging schedule. Completes all necessary ERP and MES transactions.
- Ensures the highest degree of safety when using any power equipment in the warehouse/facility, forklifts, aerial, lifts, power walkers, pallet jacks and remains qualified. Uses good judgment when negotiating material in or out of the racks at the highest level or the lowest level. Wears and uses appropriate safety equipment.
- Maintains the highest level of cleanliness by following the applicable standard operating procedures and following established cGMP’s and keeps all material off the floors and in the racks in assigned positions.
- Participates in all company training and consistently completes all training requirements by use of the company’s computer based training program.
- Responsible for picking and delivering all sample requests, component requests for testing, sampling and validation functions, and completes all necessary ERP and MES transactions.
- Responsible for the safe storage and transport of raw material and finished goods according to designated storage location until needed. Applies proper identifying information to the pallets and secures pallets stretch wrapping.
- Participates in the unloading of all incoming vendor deliveries, observing and documenting any discrepancies or damage, assists with the sorting of raw materials.
- Responsible for the processing of returns from the production areas. Verifies materials to be returned for correct part number and quantity. Completes all necessary ERP and MES transactions and assigns materials to designated bin locations within the raw materials warehouse.
- Removes all excess waste materials from the warehouse and transports to the designated disposal locations.
- Complies with all Standard Operating Procedures, cGMP’s, and company policies.
- Operate company vehicles/truck in support of material movements between multiple warehouse locations. (CDL not required)
- Maintains all warehouse equipment forklifts, powered pallet walkers, according to the preventative maintenance program and reports all issues and concerns to the supervisor immediately. Reports all damage and inoperative equipment, I.E. dock doors, stretch wrappers, scales and all other assigned equipment immediately for repair.
- Ability to work as part of a team, both internally within the department and externally with other departments.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs, sort and lift components 6 – 8 hours a day.
- Must be able to prioritize work loads to maintain production demands in a timely manner.
- Must be able to operate powered equipment – forklifts, power walkers, man-lifts
- Must be able to operate Material Handling equipment at heights of 35 – 40 feet.
- Teamwork and cooperation skills.
- High School Diploma