Supports the design and management of systems over the entire lifecycle from inception to phase-out. Supports internal IT process enhancement, creating scripts to automate internal workflows. Supports routine systems operations and maintenance of infrastructure services. Performs routine tests and documents system issues.
- Installs, configures, tests, and maintains Linux operating systems, applications software, and system management tools.
- Promotes efficiency of routine operations by increasing standardization and creating automation and scripting of tasks.
- Addresses the day-to-day management and maintenance of infrastructure services, systems, applications, and hardware usage.
- Works with various programming languages, operating systems, and computer hardware platforms.
- Supports and takes direction from senior technical staff to develop deployment specifications and configurations.
- Conducts technical evaluation, design and readiness reviews, and quality control.
- Provides some technical support in system architecture, system design, system integration and technical management and assists in providing technical input to the systems engineer process.
- Performs routine tests and documents system issues.
- Provides analytical support in the conceptualization, development, and implementation of robust, inter-linked systems.
- Supports system design, analyses, interface verification, testing, or mission operations under direction of more experienced engineers
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Associate's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, other relevant field, or
equivalent relevant experience;
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in Systems Engineering/Analysis.
Other Job Specific Skills
- Ability to elicit, analyze, document, and validate the system requirements that support the required system changes to meet the business need.
- Must have the ability to work under aggressive deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and prioritize as necessary.
- Knowledge of server operating systems, network fundamentals and architecture, and database applications.
- Ability to provision, install, configure, operate, and maintain systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Ability to work with various programming languages, operating systems, and computer hardware platforms.
- Capability to creatively solve requirements needs.