- Monitors and supports the information technology and systems infrastructures in a mixed Linux (80%) and Windows (20%) environment
- Conducts analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of information technology tools.
- Serves as the first tier to respond to user requests for system needs and upgrades, dealing with requests that are more routine in nature.
- Troubleshoots and resolves routine problems in an efficient manner with minimal supervision and escalates items that are more complex and works in partnership to reach resolution.
- Implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters.
- Administers, runs tests on, and maintains operating system and related software.
- Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
- Performs root cause analysis, diagnostics, and monitoring on various production systems.
- Effectively creates and maintains relevant systems documentation and user guides.
- Interest or motivation to learn and apply scripting methodologies to automate IT Administrator related tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent relevant experience
- 0-3 years of experience in information technology, systems administration, or other IT related field.
Other Job Specific Skills
- Strong knowledge of Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP Cloud
- Applies standard methodology, techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve basic/routine system hardware, software or networking related problems.
- Ability to plan and coordinate the deployment of new technology and resolve technical problems individually and as a project participant.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical employees.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Experience with Tier 1-3 Service Desk
- Experience with Vulnerability Scanning
- Experience with Red Hat based LINUX distributions and Windows Server 2012 (hands-on)
- Experience with OS, middleware, and application security hardening
- Experience with High Availability, Configuration, Performance Tuning, Change Management, RCA, and ITIL processes
- Experience with technical and process documentation and audit remediation
Highly Desired Skills & Experience:
- Managed services
- Service delivery
- Multi-tenant environments
- Audit and annual assessments
- DoD STIGs and security hardening
- Installation, configuration, implementation, testing within enterprise-level infrastructure environments