We are looking for an innovative Linux Administrator to lead a massive engineering process. You will setup and maintain Ubuntu/Lubuntu/Mate based servers and
workstations, PostgreSQL databases and other applications for multiple engineering environments. You will also lead the direction of the design, arrangement, and security for these systems.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
1. Install, configure and maintain Ubuntu/Lubuntu/Mate Operating Systems.
2. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with operating system servers, hardware, applications and software.
3. Monitor system performance and ensures compliance with security standards.
4. Performs and tests routine backups of servers and user computers.
5. Assists Linux users with operating system, hardware, applications and software.
Additional Responsibilities and Duties
1. Manage software licenses.
2. Design, Implement, Track and maintain network security systems.
3. Interact and coordinate projects and issues with Corporate IT Department. (This is an engineering department position
and will be reporting to engineering.)
4. Document setups and systems.
5. Assist in the setup and configuration of advanced EDA Tools from companies such as Cadence, Synopsis etc.
6. Manage version control system.
7. Setup initial documentation for new repositories.
8. Interact and manage interoffice file transfers, encryption/decryption etc.
9. Write and modify BASH and Python scripts to automate various repetitive tasks.
10. Train users in operation of documentation and version control systems as well as Linux and base software not including
special EDA Tools. (Will be required to give an hour long monthly training lesson once a month.)
11. Isolate and develop a recovery scheme for older Windows Based Computers.
-10+ years of debian and/or ubuntu linux administration
-Scripting experience with BASH, python, etc.
-PostgreSQL, SQL, or Redis database management and replication.
-C Programming Skills
-FlexLM License Management Experience.
-Kerberos setup and maintenance
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.