Linux Cloud Engineer
Who We Are –
At TableSafe we are obsessed with creating the Ultimate Dining and Hospitality Experience. Our team consists of hardware designers, software developers, former restaurateurs and executives who are committed to building the easiest, most secure and fastest payment process for the hospitality industry.
We are relentless in our pursuit of an enhanced dining experience Our technology will become the foundation for fostering an ecosystem of companies and technologies that offer payment solutions anywhere where it is more convenient or desired to pay for services away from the point-of-sale (POS) terminal.
We are a team of exceptionally talented, bright and driven people that question the norm and seek to simplify the payment process in the hospitality industry. We work hard and with a purpose. We engage in lively debates and thrive on innovative and new ways to solve existing solutions. We play hard and work hard.
If you’d like to change the future of payments and are an innovative and intuitively curious problem solver, this is your chance to join our rapidly growing team.
What We Need
We are looking for an experienced and innovative Linux Cloud Engineer (Dev Ops) to join our growing team.
What You’ll Do
The Linux Cloud Engineer will assist the other members of the Operations team as well as the Development team in deploying and maintaining the public and private cloud infrastructures. the of dynamic environment that provides outstanding service to our national and international customers. In addition to cloud based projects you will also provide evaluation, recommendations, hardware utilities for other company environments.
- Cooperates with other technical team members to provide solutions on a variety of difficult problems.
- Provides guidance to other technical team members in the installation and support of hardware, software and implementation of added functions in all environments.
- Participates in the installation of all additions, modifications or enhancements to the system hardware, software and supporting applications to ensure minimum impact on existing production cloud systems.
- Help to maintain Dev and Test systems separate from the production systems for the purpose of testing and evaluating new enhancements, databases or application software.
- Participates in the development, deployment and maintenance of departmental systems essential to the provisioning of economical, effective and efficient computer services for the company.
- Develops, supports and implements standardized methods and processes for the operation and maintenance of these systems.
- Works with software and hardware vendors to facilitate recommendations and implementation of new systems to meet business needs.
- Reviews schedules, cost and documentation to ensure success of projects.
Who You Are
- Great judgement in ambiguous situations
- Previous work experience in an early stage, fast growing company and/or creative agency
- Stellar organizational skills
- An ability to take ownership and responsibility for completing projects, managing multiple projects and meeting deadline sin a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Clear, proactive, and fearless communication, both written and verbal
- Excellent people skills
- Clear market vision, staying on top of industry trends and research
- A thorough understanding of at least one of the major Linux distributions – more than one is preferred. (Ubuntu, RedHat, Arch, etc.)
- Experience with automation software such as Chef or Puppet is a plus
- Experience with docker is a plus
- Experience with all or some of the following: NoSQL, LAMP, Node.JS and RESTful architectures
- Clear history of successful large scale Linux deployments
- Deep knowledge of AWS, especially EC2, IAM, and VPCs
- Experience with VMware vCenter and ESXi
- Application monitoring (Nagios, Graylog/Splunk, etc.)
- Experience with open storage technologies such as FreeNAS/Nexenta and ZFS is a plus
- This position will share in the overnight, weekend and holiday on-call coverage
*We are committed to diversity and inclusion at TableSafe. TableSafe is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.